Windows 8 and 10 analysis bug
On Windows 8 and 10, some MapMate users have encountered a problem with the analysis tree (the list of database queries) not displaying correctly. To fix this problem you need to disable Windows' on-screen keyboard (a rarely used feature that allows a touch screen to be used for typing).
To correct the problem with MapMate's analysis tree
- click start
- type services, and press enter
- find the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
- right-click on Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and click stop (MapMate should work fine from this point on)
- to make it a permanent change:
- right-click on Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and select properties
- change the startup type to disabled
If you need more help, there are step-by-step instructions with screen-shots (under Solution One: Disable the Touch Keyboard Service).